Saturday, January 31, 2009

Parsons Challenge I

Delusion

full view of the box:



View of the box with the light located in the back:

Close view of the city:





In this state of my life, I viewed the world through an undeveloped vision and an immature mind. I looked up to the materialistic values that were far from being reached, such as wealth and fame. My family’s economic status made it even harder for me to reach the the values that I desired for. However, my desires have continuously evolved and got me soaked in to the ostentatious beauty of the worldly values. I complained and blamed at my old shoes, cheap clothes, my parents, and even at my life for being so hopeless and discouraging. As you can see in this first perspective piece, the bright city lights steal your attention away from all the other things that are surrounding them. With the same sense, I was blinded by my own desires, not being able to realize what was around me. The shape of the box also portrays my limited and narrowed vision toward the world.

1 comment: